[Electronics-talk] Digitizing Audiocassettes

Craig Werner craig_werner at verizon.net
Sun Feb 23 23:32:08 UTC 2014

Hello, everyone.

I am looking into ways of getting material on audiocassettes converted
to MP3 or another suitable format.  Has anyone purchased special
cassette decks that will do so?  If so, are there any with accessibility
features?  Am I tied into using a particular program to do the
digitizing?  Alternatively, I realize I could use a conventional tape
player to send the output of the audio to my computer.  I am not
familiar with using audio software, so the simpler the recording
package, the better.  I don't think I'll be doing a lot of editing; I
will just convert the tracks as they are.

Thank you for all help.

Craig