[Electronics-talk] cable access

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 20:35:28 UTC 2014

A partial solution that works for me is using the TiVo in conjunction
with my cable provider, Suddenlink. Actually the DVR option through
Suddenlink is a TiVo box. Using the TiVo and the TiVo app on my iPhone,
I have access to the TV Guide, the DVR functions and some of the TiVo
features. I don't have access to the on demand movie function through
Suddenlink though or notices about system outages.

On 01/04/2014 08:56 PM, Ashley Bramlett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’d like to have a tv when I’m on my own. For now, I can get assistance with our cable tv options when someone is available.
> Actually, we have fios now.
>
> Obviously, I can manipulate the remote; the buttons are tactile.
> I can even see the name of a tv program when looking fairly close to the screen; but reading long menus would not be possible.
>
> However, much stuff is on screen in this digital age.
>
> Is it possible to have cable or verizon fios when living alone?
> I see no way we can access those menus.
> In essense you have limited access and pay full price. Would you pay for it without accessing much of its features?
>
> I’ll just state some features and see if they are accessible somehow. Maybe you all use aps.
> All are on screen, and therefore seem inaccessible.
>
> 1. the tv guide
> 2. on demand tv
> 3. the dvr function
> 4. ordering movies
> 5. any statements about station outages.
>
> Do any providers have talking menus or large print ones? Do any of them provide braille information to you?
> How has the company accomodated you, if at all?
>
> Thanks.
> Ashley

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail