[Electronics-talk] cable access

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 03:10:07 UTC 2014

Yes, my cable provider's DVR option is the TiVo box. I actually have no
separate DVR or cable box. I assume it's all in the TiVo box. I find the
TiVo app totally accessible, and they've even added some features in
more recent releases to make it easier to use with VO, such as using an
index, like you see in the Contacts app, to handle hundreds of channels.
BTW, my cable provider is Suddenlink, but you can use a TiVo box with
services from other cable companies. Back before we had accessible smart
phones, I had a TiVo box hooked up to our Time Warner cable service.
Back then, the TiVo box wasn't accessible to me at all, although I could
use the web site to schedule recordings and manage subscriptions. I
could also use their PC app to copy recordings off of the TiVo box and
watch them on my PC. Note you can still do these today as well as a lot
more.

On 01/06/2014 07:47 AM, Elizabeth Campbell wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
> Thank you for your note to this list. I also was getting frustrated with the tone of some of the messages on accessibility.
> I also agree that things are not perfect, but I have also found that by talking to customer service reps and technicians in a reasonable fashion that they are willing to listen, more times than not even though they may not have an immediate solution.
> Recently, a technician came to my home because some of the Charter Cable features weren't working as well as they should. My mother visited for the holidays and made some changes vis the menus that I wasn't aware of. The tech reset everything for me and then showed me how to turn on the separate audio programming so that I can access it when some of my PBS programs are on.
>
> Also, Chris, I am intrigued that you are using the Tivo app. Is your DVR from your cable provider?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Liz

hing constructive, then at best it's a waste of time and at worse it's demoralizing others who actually may make a difference.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/electronics-talk_nfbnet.org/chaltai
>>> n%40gmail.com
>>>

> --
> Christopher (CJ)