[Electronics-talk] How can I turn the speech on for Pantech breeze?

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Sun Mar 2 18:45:15 UTC 2014

Hey Mike

Here is a link to the Breeze 4 product manual in accessible PDF format.

http://15e08fd01e18d5ee73d6-70c55b37e97641cc9ebdaf7330edb321.r49.cf2.rackcdn.com/131031_Breeze4_UG_EN_FINAL.pdf

Below is the Manual's section on readout mode in text format. Unfortunately, I don't see a way to turn on this feature without sighted asistance, unless you already know the right keys to press.

Jim

Readout Mode

Readout Mode makes your phone a useful companion when you can’t or don’t have the ability to read the phone screen. When Readout mode is activated, the phone will announce key alert, navigation, and content information verbally.
Provide verbal alerts of the following:
– Missed Call
– New Message received
– Low Battery
– Message Sent and other confirmation notifications
Announce highlighted items in Menus as user navigates the phone
Announce numbers as the y ar e pressed on keypad
Read out text message content

To turn on Readout Mode
1. Select Menu > Settings > Voice Command Settings .
2. Select Audio Modes > Readout mode