[Electronics-talk] Microwaves

evelyn weckerly weckerly at i2k.com
Fri Mar 14 18:47:07 UTC 2014

Hi, charlene,

I did not saveany of my messages.  Here's the gist of what I
wrote.

I have an over-the-range microwave from Maytag and have bought
three other appliances during the first ten years of this
century.  Whirlpool owns Maytag and a number of other brands.  I
got Braille overlays for all four from Maytag.  The last I knew,
Whirlpool had them too, but GE did not at the time.  The
advantage of getting these overlays is that they are
printstbraille and therefore easy for sighted assistance to apply
them if you need or want it.  In addition, you have the
abbreviations that the manuals use-handy if you have a book
reader on your computer.

My best advice to you is to go shopping.  Don't forget
family-owned dealers.  They compete fairly with price and give
you better service as a rule.  In my case, all appliances were
held by my family-owned dealer until the Braille came, sent
directly to me.  The advantage of examining a variety of units
from various brands is that you are likely to be the most happy
with a unit that gives you the features and operational set up
that fits you.

Well, that's more than the gist (smile).

Geards,

Evelyn