[Electronics-talk] DocuScan Plus:?

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Sat Nov 8 22:29:39 UTC 2014

HI All,
  Has anyone here used DocuScan Plus from Serotek on a Windows machine? If so, I have a few quick questions for you:

1)  Can you get it as a stand alone device piece of software? In other words, do you have to scan on line or can you have a copy of the software right on your computer?

2)  Somewhat related, can you save scans directly to a flash drive or only to the cloud?

3)  Is it really good at scanning docs as is  OpenBook 9 (sorry I have little experience with Kursweil other than the KNFBReader so a comparison to that will not provide me much help:))?

4)  How much do the eloquence voices cost if you want to use them and how easy is it to set up the new voices once you purchase them? Sorry, I am an oddball but I love my JAWS voice and hate voices like Heather and Ryan (probably in the serious minority on that one:)).

5)  Would you recommend purchasing it or is it not worth it if you already have OpenBook? The one selling point that I am seeing for it is the DAISY converts (OB does not have this. You can only do mp3 and wav conversions).

Have a great weekend everyone,
Chris
Christine M. Szostak, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychology
Shorter University
Rome, Georgia
szostak.1 at osu.edu

If you are interested in a professional consultation for a vision loss related issue see:
http://findingthevision.wikidot.com

If you are in need of a professional consultation for general research/statistical related issues see:
http://researchconsulting.wikidot.com

If you are looking for professional proof reading or editorial review services see:
http://researchconsulting.wikidot.com