[Electronics-talk] iOS 8 Problems

George osocalmo at yahoo.co.jp
Sun Nov 9 20:40:03 UTC 2014

Now I seem to understand the issue: bugs in this new audio-ducking function
implementation might be causing most of the problems with VO!
The other day, I had to close VO to be able to use Siri; VO didn't stop
talking when I pressed the home button to use Siri and Siri didn't read the
messages while VO was on.
Also, it might cause the delay for VO to talk again when unlocking the
screen while listening to internet radio, too.
Sometimes I have the sounds of VO, but the voice goes away for a while.
Almost all, if not all, bugs I found seem to be related with VO.

Another thing I would like to advise everyone is to connect your iPhone to
your pc soon after upgrading to IOS 8, because you will have to authorize
the connection, not only from iTunes, but also from your iPhone. On your
iPhone, you will only have to tap the "accept" button, but you won't be able
to do so alone if you can't see and VO stops talking. This happened to me
some weeks ago and it's really annoying. You need to accept the connection
only once: it doesn't ask to authorize the connection when you connect it to
the same pc again. So it's better to authorize it as soon as possible, while
you can use VO, just in case. I had to authorize my iPhone to connect with
my pc, even though I had connected it to the same pc before, when it was
running IOS 6. I don't know what happens in case you upgrade from IOS 7 to
IOS 8, but it's better to avoid the risk.

HTH
George