[Electronics-talk] [EXTERNAL] Stand Alone GPS Units

Roger Behm AIS aistech at ameritech.net
Thu Nov 20 18:21:35 UTC 2014

Hi Sarah,

You are grabbing at straws when trying to use a sighted gps stand alone device.
If you have no useable sight, then the commercial stand alone device
you can buy at a best buy or store like that is not useable by a blind person.

Battery life is very short compared to the Trekker Breeze, which has
over 8 hours of battery life. Works great in cars or walking with one
hand, unlike cell phones that would take two hands to operate.
Voice commands are not practical in noisey areas like downtown, or
busy parts of the city, not reliable!

For $600 and all updates to device and maps are free, you can't go
wrong for reliable gps directions.

Trying to cut corners with commercial gps devices for a blind person
you are asking for major issues and throwing your money away!

Regards,
Roger Behm

At 11:36 AM 11/20/2014, you wrote:
>Sarah:
>
>Would you *really* trust voice commands? I certainly would not.
>
>Mike Freeman

ADAPTIVE INFORMATION SYSTEMS INC.
WE MAKE TECHNOLOGY ACCESSIBLE TO THE VISION IMPAIRED AND READING DISABLED

ROGER A BEHM, PRESIDENT
1611 CLOVER LANE
JANESVILLE WI 53545-1388
VOICE: 608-758-0933