[Electronics-talk] Wanting to know if anyone has any idea about an android list like the iPhone questions list or knows anything about android phones

Laz laz at talkingmp3players.com
Thu Oct 2 17:01:58 UTC 2014

Actually Chris, that wasn't the purpose of the eyes-free list but
since there's no moderration at all, it has devolved into its current
form. I know as I was there pretty much since it started up. That list
needs a moderator badly!

The actual purpose of the list was so that blind and visually impaired
users of Android devices could provide feedback to the eyes-free devs
on their applications so as to improve them. This still occurs to some
degree but due to the large amount of daily traffic, I highly doubt
that any of the devs reads every message, unless of course they read
it during break times to laugh at the antics of the folks on the list.

Just today I read on the digest where Warren had put down a new person
coming from iOS asking questions about the current state of Android
accessibility. These antics and others have made me decide not to send
new people to the list but instead send them to the vi-android list
where there is less traffic and the list is moderated. There's no
"good ol' boys" cliques, iOS user bashing, and flames aren't allowed.
To subscribe to the list send an email to
vi-android-request at freelists.org with subscribe in the Subject field.

Regards,

Laz