[Electronics-talk] A Request for the List Owner or Moderator

Barb O'Connor broconnor1972 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 17 17:12:44 UTC 2014

>From this message, I'm getting that when you reply to a message, the recipients are going into your contacts.  I don't know which email client you're using but there should be a way to tell the client that you don't want people to automatically be added to your contacts when you reply.  I am using windows mail and if you go under tools, options, and send mail page, there is a checkbox that says something like, "automatically put people I reply to in my contacts list.  You would want to uncheck that box if it is checked.

Hope this helps you.

Barb
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Christine Szostak via Electronics-talk
  To: Discussion of accessible electronics and appliances
  Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2014 1:39 PM
  Subject: [Electronics-talk] A Request for the List Owner or Moderator

  First, my apologies to everyone here for sending this to the whole list rather than the specific individual(s) it is attempting to reach, I just was not certain of how to get to the moderator or owner of this list . Thus, feel free to ignore this if this person is not you and forgive my inbox hogging:)!

    I was curious if there is a way to reconfigure the email settings so that every time you respond to an email, it does not include the  last respondent along wit the list automatically in the To line. IN other words, if say msmith at gmail.com sends a message to the list and I reply to the list to respond, my To line will read:

  msmith at gmail.com;
  electronics-talk at nfbnet.org

    The reason that I am wondering if this can be changed for the list or if I can change this somehow for myself, is that this automatically adds every individual who appears in the To line to my contacts, which is not necessarily what I want to have happen. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

    Again, my apologies to the list!

  Have a nice rest of the weekend!

  Chris

  Christine M. Szostak, PhD
  Assistant Professor
  Department of Psychology
  Shorter University
  Rome, Georgia
  szostak.1 at osu.edu

  If you are interested in a professional consultation for a vision loss related issue see:
  http://findingthevision.wikidot.com

  If you are in need of a professional consultation for general research/statistical related issues see:
  http://researchconsulting.wikidot.com

  If you are looking for professional proof reading or editorial review services see:
  http://researchconsulting.wikidot.com