[Electronics-talk] Cordless Phone-Life Alert

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Apr 6 17:15:29 UTC 2015

It is possible that the Life Alert box should plug into the wall jack and that it has another jack into which a
phone can be plugged.  There could be two jacks and the wrong cord is going into the jacks on that device.  If the
Life Alert unit does not have two jacks, it is possible that a splitter is being used and that something is not
plugged in there.

Finally, I've known of cases where people install a cordless phone and forget to connect the power supply for the
phone.  I would carefully check all of the wiring.  You certainly don't want to risk the Life Alert to not be
connected properly.

Tracy is right that a phone might need a little time in the charger before it has enough of a charge to work.
Occasionally, you see phones where the batteries are not installed at all or where there is a piece of plastic that
must be pulled out to allow the batteries to connect.  It is worth checking those possibilities as well.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson