[Electronics-talk] Linux and smart watch

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 02:13:58 UTC 2015

I'm not sure where you're seeing this information on the braille smart
watch, but at the link I saw it says it'll cost around $300 and they'll
be taking orders later this year. This was in the first paragraph of the
article at
http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/03/dot-braille-smartwatch//?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget&ncid=rss_semi

It seems a bit odd to me that someone would be interested enough in a
topic like this to send a message to the list and ask others to read a
web page for them but aren't interested enough to read the web page
themselves or follow a link.

By my reading of the list information, this seems off topic for this
list, so there may be more traction on a topic like this elsewhere, but
I'm not the list moderator, and I don't care myself if people want to
discuss this on this list.

On 08/04/2015 07:17 AM, Ben Fulton via Electronics-talk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope nobody is annoyed with me covering multiple topics in one email...
>
> Coming at the Linux question from the angle of a Linux user. Have you checked Orca. - It's a Linux based screen reading program.
>
> Secondly,
> There didn't seem to be much information on the smart watch. Like, how many cells does it actually have. - With a 10hr battery life. how does one recharge it.  Personally, I want a watch to last for 24hrs or more.  Can it be recharged on the move i.e. does it come with a portable charger.  Also, when will it be available? and What is the exact price? I followed the link provided but couldn't find quick answers to these questions, and I have little patience for wading through web pages looking for information buried within links.

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail