[Electronics-talk] recording software for a novice

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 26 23:41:19 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I’m thinking of recording some things. I have a new logitech microphone from Christmas day, and it will be useful in webinars and other audio chats.
I’m a novice though; I just want to record something, place marks in the file so you can jump to sections and perhaps do some basic editing like cutting out sections where I mess up or have too much background noise.

I’m  a jaws user with windows 7. Which audio recording softwares do you suggest?
What is your experience with accessibility? Are there short cut keys? Are buttons easily labeled?
I want something open source or low cost, meaning like under $100.
I was thinking of using audacity, Reaper, Goldwave, or free sound recorder or some combo.
I know many of the paid software is not accessible and I hope nfb takes up that someday.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Ashley