[Electronics-talk] Accessible tablet

Christopher J Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 18:17:46 UTC 2015

The bloatware issue doesn't bother me. Samsung phones for example have a
lot of nice software on them, such as OCR and Voice Assistant, which is
Samsung's fork of Google's Talk Back screen reader. Therefore, on a
Samsung device you can have both Google's Talk Back and Samsung's Voice
Assistant and use the screen reader that you prefer. Samsung is
perfectly capable of writing software, so I'm reluctant to call all of
their programs bloatware. When I see someone refer to bloatware on
virtually any platform, I pretty much dismiss it unless they give some
examples, such as the manufacturer they're talking about and the
applications they consider bloatware.

On 12/27/2015 10:05 AM, Jude DaShiell via Electronics-talk wrote:
> I'm pretty sure the no scratch glass available for iPhone 6+ is also
> available for the iPad models as well.  I got that glass for a screen
> protector along with an otter defender case for my iPhone 6+ and that
> has worked out well.  I was told at the AT&T store that this glass
> installed if a phone is dropped won't crack the phone's screen.  If
> you go for Android you had best either have an android phone already
> or a dropbox account with dropbox apps on both devices so you will be
> able to share files.  If I get another Android tablet, it will be a
> Nexus since google doesn't put bloatware that interferes with
> accesssibility stuff on those nexus tablets more importantly you get
> operating system updates first where other manufacturers LG for one
> takes over a year after google releases an update to make it available
> to users.
>
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2015, River Linda via Electronics-talk wrote:
>
>> Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 12:57:57
>> From: River Linda via Electronics-talk <electronics-talk at nfbnet.org>
>> To: Discussion of accessible electronics and appliances
>>     <electronics-talk at nfbnet.org>
>> Cc: River Linda <waterinmyroom at gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Electronics-talk] Accessible tablet
>>
>> I like the Apple products. I cannot comment on the tactile screen
>> protector
>> since I have never used one.
>>
>> On Thursday, December 17, 2015, Mary jo Seiler via Electronics-talk <
>> electronics-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>>>   Can someone tell me the best accessible tableet to purchace.  I am
>>> thinking of purchasing a tablet and get get a tactical screen
>>> protector for
>>> the I pad air but not sure how well that would work. Thanks.
>>> mjseiler at consolidated.net

>>> Electronics-talk:
>>>
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/electronics-talk_nfbnet.org/waterinmyroom%40gmail.com

>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/electronics-talk_nfbnet.org/jdashiel%40panix.com