[Electronics-talk] Google Apps

Mohaned Sayegh mohaneds at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 08:10:30 UTC 2015

Yes, I'm going to list your options in order from most to least accessible:

1. Chrome OS: Purchasing a Chromebook with Chrome OS will provide you with
the best support for google applications, even better than using the Chrome
Vox extention on windows. It's very highly responsive, well documented and
even has touchscreen support.
2. Android: Android's accessibility support for google apps is quite good,
almost as good as what you get in Chrome OS. However, the Talkback screen
reader does tend to lose focus and jump around a little in documents.
3. Chrome Vox: The Chrome Vox extention for the Chrome web browser on
windows provides great support for google apps, but it's laggy in comparison
to the above options. Unfortunately, it is also a little unstable.
4. NVDA: NVDA with Firefox provides decent support for google apps, but it's
quirky. It gets formatting information in docs wrong half the time and table
navigation can be inaccurate. Also, NVDA sometimes skips text when you're
trying to read line by line.
5. JAWS: It works, but it's unstable. I'd avoid this option if at all
possible.
6. Window-eyes: Well, it's Window-eyes. Enough said.

I hope this helps you. I apologize in advance for any misinformation in this
e-mail; all misinformation is unintentional.