[Electronics-talk] Still Not Sure What to do About Autoplay for the Second Time Around

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 15:44:25 UTC 2015

Well, according to the list info page, which you can get to from the
link at the bottom of every message:

"This list is intended for the sharing of information about, and
discussion of the accessibility of various consumer electronics devices.
Sharing of information about, and discussion of MP3 players; cell phones
and other telephones; DVD players, receivers and other stereo and video
components; satellite and HD radios; and household appliances including
microwaves, washers, dryers, stoves, and the like; is appropriate and
encouraged. With more and more devices having inaccessible controls or
displays, a place to share information and experiences is needed. It is
also hoped that this list will divert such discussions from other
NFB-sponsored lists, where it is not appropriate."

Computers are electronic, but I don't consider them to be consumer
electronics. Windows isn't accessible off the shelf either, so I suspect
you're running a 3rd party screen reader. I'm not sure who "warned" you
if your message was off topic, but if it dealt with a PC running
Windows, then I might have pointed out to you, after answering your
question, that you might get more information on a list where your
message was on topic for your question. Providing such advice is not the
same as warning you, and since I'm not the moderator, you're more than
willing to ignore it.

I'm not the moderator, so I'll let you and him decide if your messages
are or are not on topic for this list. Just because others ask questions
about PC on this list, and may not be on topic themselves, doesn't make
posting off topic questions to the list appropriate or the best way to
get your questions answered.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail