[Electronics-talk] Netflicks introducing audio description for theblind

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Sun Jun 21 15:59:03 UTC 2015

Here's a link to Netflx's blog post that talks about audio description

http://blog.netflix.com/2015/04/netflix-begins-audio-description-for.html

I use audio description on my iPhone's Netflix app, so you definately don't need a PC.

The one other piece of troubleshooting I can offer is that on whatever device you want audio description, you need to logout of netflix and then log back in.

The steps for getting audio description going are...

   1) Find a TV show that has audio description.  I know "House of Cards" and "Daredevel" do.  The blog post lists others.

   2) Start playing the show.  i.e. start watching it without Audio Description.

   3) When the show or movie is playing, flick around the screen until you find the language options button.  Double tap on it.

   4) A screen of language options will come up and you need to selectj an audio option.  The one you want is "English with description" options.

If you can't get to the language options screen, let us know and we can help.

If you don't see english with description as an option, then logout
and log back into Netflix and try again.

Hope this helps,

Jim