[Electronics-talk] Don't miss out this podcast presented by Blind bargains

George osocalmo at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Mar 10 07:47:13 UTC 2015

Hi listers,

You can see an interview made by the AFB at the CSUN Conference, in
which they show, and explain about, iYomube, the OCR app for the iPhone
made by Amedia, Japan.
It can not only be used as a normal OCR application but also as a
real-time reading application: you just need to point anywhere with the
iPhone camera and, if there is some text in a frame, it will be read
aloud. They say that it's good to read signs and blind people don't need
to know where a sign is: just point and see if it reads something.
Here's the link:
http://www.blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=12448

I didn't know about this new feature, but I will update it and see how
it really looks like.  This new feature seems to be very exhiting.
I found the interview very interesting.

I hope you'll enjoy it.

George