[Electronics-talk] Assistance with I phone

Allison Depner alley.cat.77 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 15:59:22 UTC 2015

Hello Everyone,

I've been a member of this list for several months, and I have to say that
the knowledge the members demonstrated here both impresses and intimidates
me.  I think most of you leave me in the dust when it comes to smart phones
or other technology.  Having said that, I humbly come to you for your
assistance.

I am currently sing a Galaxy phone from purchased Verizon.  I wish I could
say that I'm in love with it, but after 3 years, the honey moon never even
got started.  Now, I want a divorce.  My Verizon contract is up in April,
and I'm thinking of getting  an I phone.  So many blind people I know have
the I phone, that I think it would be easier to get questions answered and
find support.  Some of the things, I want to be able to do are read and send
e mail, use the KNFB reader and use the NLS ap.  I'm thinking about getting
an older version such as the F%.

Here is my question of the day,  is there someone who would be willing to
act as a go to person while I'm getting started with setting up and using
the I phone?  I could ask for assistance at the Verizon store, but finding
someone who understands the accessibility issues is iffy at best.  I don't
want to become one of those people that makes someone dread  seeing my name
in an e mail or on caller I.D.  But it would be a comfort to know that I
have a consistent contact who could help guide me through some of this
stuff.

There you have it.  I would be most grateful for a technology mentor if
anyone is willing to put up with me for a while.

Alley (The Tech. Challenged)