[Electronics-talk] Fry Daddy question

Annely Rose annely53r at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 05:46:54 UTC 2015

Hi Lisa,

They are both electric.  You'll want one with a basket inside that holds the food and a removable container that cooks the oil.  I had akettle and it was a pain to drain the oil out because I had to lift the whole thing and it was heavy.  I also had to be careful not to spill the oil.  Many times I scooped most of it out with a container first.  I am totally blind, but haven't used one of these for many years.  If I remember correctly, there are measurement lines on the inside of these two.  You would have to have a sighted person help you become familiar with the measurements.  Once this is done, you should know how much oil to put in the container and measure it yourself.  Different size bottles of oil are different amounts and stated on the bottles, but you should measure it.  You would put the oil inside the container before you turn it on so it won't be hot.  It should not be filled to the top because you have to have room for whatever food is
 placed inside.  You may have to mark the dial for the different temperatures.  As far as cooking, you would have to know how long to cook each specific food and at what temperature.  You may also need to invest in a talking thermometer to test the doneness of foods by the temp.  Recipes should tell you how long to cook the foods.  Also, you will need a special container with a strainer to drain the oil when it has cooled.  There will be small particles from whatever coating is being used on whatever food is being fried and these will be in the oil.  You want to strain these out of the oil if you use it a second time.  You can use it a second time if you are cooking similar foods and keep the oil in the refrigerator while storing it.  It will become cloudy while in the refrigerator, but that's okay.  I'm not sure about reusing it when frying fish though.  That's a different taste.  Of course, you don't want to fry sweet foods in the same oil as chicken
 or vegetables.  I hope this has helped.  Good luck and good eating.  Take care and God bless.

Annely