[Electronics-talk] amazon echo

Mike Sedmak mcsedmak at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 20:20:10 UTC 2015

I have an echo and have used both the web interface and the alexa IOS
app.  The most recent release of the IOS app fixed all the
accessibility issues I had been seeing.

Once it is set up, you can do things like listen to amazon prime
music, get sports scores, reorder items (only reordering something you
already ordered via amazon prime), get trivia questions, set
timers/alarms, and get unit conversions.  (The last two I find very
useful in the kitchen where I don't have to touch anything with
sitcky/messy fingers while cooking.)

If you want to set up pandora or iHeart Radio you'll need to use
either the alexa IOS app or the web interface from any browser.  Once
set up, you can play by asking echo.