[Electronics-talk] Accessible Microwave?

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 5 02:25:14 UTC 2015

White vinegar can do amazing stuff.  If you have a water/ice dispenser in
your refrigerator door and you cannot take the drip tray out for cleaning,
you can use white vinegar to clean it.  Soak a dishcloth or washcloth in
white vinegar.  Lay the soaked cloth on the drip tray and leave it there for
30 or more minutes.  When you take it off, you might have to do some
scrubbing, but you will be amazed at how much dried on water residue comes
off.

To clean the little holes in the faucet if it is one of those that do not
come apart, or you would prefer to not take it apart, you can use white
vinegar to do the cleaning for you.  The trick with this is to put between
1/2 up to 1 cup of white vinegar into a small baggie.  Slip the filled
baggie over the faucet and use a rubber band to hold it around the faucet.
This arrangement forces the vinegar all around the faucet and up into it.
Leave it on for 30 or more minutes.  Once you take the vinegar filled baggie
off, use a toothpick as suggested earlier on the list to clean each of the
holes.  If your faucet is made of plastic, only leave the baggie on the
faucet for 5-10 minutes.

HTH,
Annette