[Electronics-Talk] Android-based braille notetakers

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Tue Apr 5 14:12:24 UTC 2016

I am assuming that you two are talking about the Braille note touch, I've not heard of the apex touch.

It definitely has a one line Braille display.

It also comes with a touchscreen tablet that you can Braille into much like the iPhone's braille input utility. It also comes with a case that has traditional braille keys on it.

Another android-based note taker that was introduced is the low cost Braille display that the NFB has been involved in.  It definitely has drawbacks, but will cost under $500 which will be interesting to some.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Written While on the Move