[Electronics-Talk] retromercials

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 04:09:11 UTC 2016

Hi, everyone,

I know this is probably OT, but don’t know where else to post this. For any fellow nostalgia buffs out there: I have about exhausted YouTube’s collection of retromercials from the 1960s and 70s, and am still hungry from ads of that era, especially from evening and late-night network TV. Any other ideas? Does anyone remember one that sounded like native Americans beating tom-toms and war-whooping? I haven’t even the faintest recollection of what product it touted, but when I was little, it used to scare the daylights out of me, to the point that the sound got incorporated into nightmares! That’s just one I’d like to see again... I actually bought a DVD set of commercials a few years ago from Amazon, but found it pretty repetitive, in terms of, say, having umpteen ads for cigarettes, cars, etc., so I’d be looking for a better one from there, too, if anyone has thoughts abut that as well. Thanks! Hey, do you think NFB should start a “nostalgia division”? Only half-joking!

Sandra
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The Little Prince

---