[Electronics-Talk] [Blindtlk] Online Shopping Difficulties

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu Dec 8 01:21:26 UTC 2016

Was jet ever safari-friendly?  My reason for asking is Apple used a
control on its website windows didn't know anything about and the same
transaction I couldn't do on a windows computer I could do on a mac.
The control for checkout may either be standard for an operating system
other than windows or it may be a proprietary control.  When
difficulties like this happen it's good to document where on a site and
what control it was that caused the road block.  Then try looking up the
control online to see if it's a standard windows control.  If not, that
fact could be responsible for many of these problems.  In complaint
messages if an accurate statement can be made that control-x was used
and that control-x is not a standard windows control but some kind of
proprietary control it can make work for designers on the other end
quicker and easier.