[Electronics-Talk] xfinity phone service

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sun Dec 11 17:17:36 UTC 2016

With voice guideance I hear notifications of incoming phone calls that's
when voice guideance is working.  What I don't hear are rings since power
going out the router port is too low to cause the phone to ring and
xfinity cannot make the TV speaker ring.  I'm interested to know if some
electronics exists I can attach to the router and plug the phone line into
the other side that would increase the voltage to the phone when there is
a ring coming over the line.  I returned a phone with voicemail on it and
had xfinity remove my voicemail since too many people are complaining they
can't reach me.  Part of this is on xfinity since the installer wouldn't
put an ethernet drop near my computer so I have to use wifi and the router
and the phone are two rooms away.  Also I have two cats and one of them
likes to snack on android charging cables and especially likes iPhone
lightning cables so I have to keep the cats out of the area with the
computers in it which much of the time means closed doors.