[Electronics-Talk] comcast voice guideance tip

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Fri Dec 16 17:08:35 UTC 2016

I forgot to mention the reason not to enter channels too quickly is that
whn you do afterwards, you'll have to repeat basic setup to get anything
working on your system.  I don't know if volatile ram is available in
those set top boxes for it but if it is comcast didn't use it to buffer
channel choices as they are entered putting the last channel in stack
position 1 with current channel entry on stack position 0 then overwriting
stack position 1 with contents of stack position 0 when a new channel was
starting to be entered.  I'll probably crash the system after this doing
something else and I'm thinking maybe try out be specular or another
camera app on my cell phone to see if those can read the screen and speak
the prompts for me.