[Electronics-Talk] dishwashers

Chip Orange Corange at PSC.STATE.FL.US
Wed Feb 10 18:30:14 UTC 2016

Like you Matthew, I have a Miele, which is also pricey but also has a combination of buttons and a display screen.

If you get some initial sighted help to set the default program for washing to be what you wish, you can then use buttons to start/stop, turn it off/on, etc.

Actually, this is their "top of the line" Miele, and I seem to recall other models which are buttons only without any display screen.

We purchased a Miele because they're rated the quietest of all dish washers, and because they have a third level rack for flatware instead of a basket.

I believe my Mother-in-law just went to a big box store and bought their cheapest model dish washer (no options at all), and she did because it was buttons only, and just a few buttons, so it was very simple for her to operate.  So, I would think a little research at appliance stores or big box stores should turn up button only units if that's all you require.

Chip

Chip Orange
Florida Public Service Commission
Computer Systems Analyst
850-413-6314

-----Original Message-----
From: Electronics-Talk [mailto:electronics-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Matthew Chao via Electronics-Talk
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 4:31 PM
To: Discussion of accessible home electronics and appliances
Cc: Matthew Chao
Subject: Re: [Electronics-Talk] dishwashers

Hi, Evelyn.  I have a Bosch, but it's a wee bit pricey at about $1,200.
However, it has buttons, and once you get the hang of which ones to push
and when, it's a no-brainer.I have no problems loading and setting up
the particular type of load i need to use, and so on.  If your finances
permit, take a look at the Bosch line.  That said, however, don't buy
the ones with the plastic tubs; you want the ones lined with stainless
steel; they're of higher quality and last a lot longer.

Hope the above helps.--Matthew Chao

--
Matthew Chao <mattchao at verizon.net>