[Electronics-Talk] New Radio for DiningRoomWith InternetConnectivity [Curious Myself]

Chip Orange Corange at PSC.STATE.FL.US
Wed Feb 10 18:44:37 UTC 2016

I agree about the Victor Reader Stream being by far the cheapest solution for an internet radio device (and they are on sale now for $50 off the usual price).

They're easy to use to find any station, and you could connect any external powered speaker to turn it into a whole room solution.

I am amazed at all the Victor Reader Stream does for just over $300, nothing is close to the price for being able to play Audible, Learning Ally, NLS, internet radio and podcasts, various forms of text books and audio files.

All that being said, I've had endless problems dealing with Humanware itself.  Mostly because they insist on shipping everything with a "signature required", and I'm not at home during the day to sign and neither do I have neighbors to do so.  I've been without my Victor for almost two months as it's gone through waranty repair, and then has been shipped and returned because of this signature problem, and then sat there for weeks while they did nothing with it after it had been returned.

If you order or deal with them, and aren't home to sign when it's delivered, do try hard to make sure they understand you need shipping without a signature.  Even when I wrote an email to them they still shipped requiring a signature (aaarrrggg).  It's a fine product but the support at times can be frustrating.

Chip

Chip Orange
Florida Public Service Commission
Computer Systems Analyst