[Electronics-Talk] not necessarily electronic, but...

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 05:59:08 UTC 2016

Hello,

Since NFB doesn’t yet have a low-tech products listserv, thought I’d start here. First, does anyone still make a Sharp talking calculator—I loved the male voice, and it was really a quality piece of equipment; or, might it be available gently-used?

Now for the extremely-low-tech question: After having my inexpensive plastic set of canisters for 20 years, and finding that it leaves a bit of an off-smell to flour, I’ve decided it’s time to part with what I have, perhaps in favor of some kind of airtight metal canister set. My prerequisites: the biggest should comfortably hold a 5-pound bag of flour; the middle-sized, a 5-pound bag of sugar; and the next, a 100-count box of tea. I’d prefer airtight, and not cheap-quality, something I can either hide in the cupboard or stack on the kitchen counter. Wish I’d thought to ask about the metal canisters and taken down some info when I saw them at a rehab center. Any suggestions about these two items, greatly appreciated, since I literally spent 2 hour plus on Amazon without success. Thanks!

Sandra
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The Little Prince

---