[Electronics-Talk] Appliance accessibility - Echo & Mobile devices

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Mon Feb 15 18:54:43 UTC 2016

The Amazon Echo is just another interface to other technologies, including Audible, WeMo switches, Google, Ootunes, Pandora, etc.

So, I would say that phones or tablets will be a much better interface to these appliances than the Echo.

The affordability factor is a concern, but I'm seeing android tablets with Talkback for sale for less than $100.00.

Building accessiblity into each appliance is a very nasty solution. This solution requires that we, as blind people, need to learn a poorly designed, rarely used, and rarely tested blindness focused user interface for each appliance.

Jim