[Electronics-Talk] Fwd: [Nfbc-info] progress with labelingwasher/dryer

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Tue Feb 16 12:23:28 UTC 2016

In my apartment complex, the building manager has forbidden the modification
of the flat touchpads on the washers and dryers in the laundry room with
tactile markers or overlays because they might obscure the labels on the
buttons and makethem harder to read for the sighted tenants. Indeed, thehe
has warned tenants not to violate this policy or else they could face
eviction.  But even if the building manager granted me permission to modify
the touchpads with tactile overlays, the laundry card vending machine to
which monetary value is added to the laundry card which activates the
machines is still totally inaccessible, so I would still need sighted help
to do the laundry.  The only alternative for making activation of the
washers and dryers accessible would be to revert to the old coin-based
system, which the building manager has no intention of doing because the
card-based system is more reliable, secure and cost effective.

Gerald