[Electronics-Talk] Fwd: [Nfbc-info] progress with labeling washer/dryer

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 16 11:51:25 UTC 2016

For holding overlays in place while you need them and then removing them when you are done can be accomplished with Velcro dots.  At the Fitness Center at work I have crated tactile overlays for the elliptical and the treadmill.  We used overhead plastic sheets (which are now impossible to find).  I'm thinking that if I have to replace them I will probably look for those plastic report covers.  We placed Velcro adhesive backed dots near the corners of the plastic sheet ensuring that they would not interfere with any buttons on the machine.  Whenever I want to use one of those machines, I grab the appropriate overlay and line it up with the portion of the Velcro dot that is on the machine.  We have the Velcro on 2 machines of each type so that I have options if someone is already on the machine.  Because I go to the fitness center around the same time every day, The other people who work out at that time make sure that one of the machines are available.  Sometimes the Velcro dots are missing off of the machine, so we have a backup supply, but it does require that I get sighted help to get the overlay positioned correctly.

HTH,
Annette