[Electronics-Talk] Talking Book Player & Podcast! New Years deals: Free Wall Charger & Discounts on Accessories with all players, Daily Deals!!

Laz laz at talkingmp3players.com
Fri Jan 1 20:00:19 UTC 2016

Hi Chip,

The only player we carry which can play the Audible files as well as
NLS/Bard, etc is the new Victor Stream.

http://www.talkingmp3players.com/Victor-Stream-2nd-Generation_p_78.html

Rockbox will not support any protected file types for a couple of
reasons such as they dislike any protection schemes placed on audio
files and they don't wish to draw any attention from any lawyers.
Being open source, anyone could look at their code and find out how to
override such protection schemes. As Rockbox is what makes the players
such as the Clip Plus or Clip Zip accessible for the blind and
visually impaired, we have to accept the fact that those protected
file types won't be supported on any Rockboxed players.

There are those who use software such as Inaudible, Sound Taxi,
Recording the sound in real time, etc, to rip the audio from Audible
protected files so they can play them on their preferred audio playing
devices but I have very little more I can add to that.

I hope that clears up the subject.

Happy New Year!

Laz