[Electronics-Talk] Accessible AV with HDMI

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 04:21:58 UTC 2016

One thing you could consider is getting a receiver that is network
capable and using an accessible smart phone app to control the receiver.
Dennon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Pioneer and more are all brands that have network
capable receivers with smart phone apps. These apps also tend to have
demo modes, so you can check out their accessibility before purchasing a
receiver. They'll also tend to be for your high end models.

I don't have a system myself, but I hear blind people raving about Sonos
systems. You might want to swing by a Best Buy and check these out.
They're very flexible and you can start out with an entry level speaker
and then add to it over time.

On 10/03/16 10:08, Merv Keck via Electronics-Talk wrote:
> Hi,
> I am contemplating purchasing an Apple TV 4 to replace the Apple TV 3 I
> currently own. In order to accomplish this, I will also need something to
> connect the new smart hockey puck to so I can get decent sound out of both
> the Apple TV and my Samsung HDTV.
> Can anyone recommend either an accessible surround sound home theatre system
> or blue ray with 5:1 surround sound. I found a few different possible
> choices on Amazon that did not cause me to faint at the price, however,
> without actually seeing them I had no idea if they were accessible to blind
> individuals.
> Thanks in advance,
> Merv

Christopher (CJ)