[Electronics-Talk] Turbo Tax

cheez cheez at cox.net
Sun Mar 13 20:18:07 UTC 2016

I do my taxes online.  The site is called freetaxusa.com.
I don't know what software is used, but I've have good success with them for
the past 10 years.
The only trouble I run into is at the very end, when you encounter a
captcha.  That's the only time I need sighted assistance, only because, even
though you can get an audible captcha, I haven't been able to get it to work
for me.  It uses QuickTime player, and even though I have the latest update
of that program, it still doesn't play.
They do tell you to restart your browser if you don't hear anything, but of
course, if you close your browser, then you have to start from the
beginning.
That isn't too bad.  At least you don't have to re-enter information.
I just got a survey from them asking me if I have any comments.  I am going
to tell them about the inability to listen to the captcha.
The only other drawback is there is no phone numbers for one to contact them
if necessary.  When I had a question once and dropped them an e-mail, they
responded with a link to an answer to my question.  Their response kind of
surprised me, for the answer only required a yes or no answer.
But I will continue using this site and hopefully the issue with the
captchas will be resolved.

Vince