[Electronics-Talk] Feature phones and smart phones [was "Re:LGflip phone [was "Re: Android Cellphones: Are They Worth It"]"]

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 27 21:15:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a pre-pay Kyocera Jax S1360bar phone.  It is a thin candy bar shaped
phone.  The buttons are raised enough so you can feel them.  It has voice
features.  The menus speak, you can check your contacts list, enter new
contacts, missed calls, history, settings, ring tones, calendar, alarm and
memo.  I can text and it does have several different settings for texting.
I have not had much experience with the word feature because I am still new
to texting and have the phone set to let me go letter by letter.  It also
has some email and internet features that I also have not had a chance to
learn yet.  It also has voice activation settings so you can make calls,
check battery levels, signal strength time and date just by giving a voice
command.  I do not yet know if I can use voice to dictate a text message or
not.  I did just locate a manual online and have downloaded it so now I can
learn more about this little inexpensive yet quite accessible phone.  For me
right now, this little phone meets my cell phone calling needs because I
cannot afford a smart phone.  However, some day I would like a smart phone
and will probably have to go with an android because they are less
expensive.  I would really love to have the access to the BARD website,
Newsline the KNFB reader and all those require you to have a smart phone.

Sandra Johnson