[Electronics-Talk] O T Kindle Fire "Is it for the blind or not?"

Elizabeth Campbell batescampbell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 13:42:18 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I bought the kindle Fire tablet for $50 along with a $6 bluetooth keyboard.
I don't think the VoiceView screen reader is as robust as VoiceOver, but it
gives us another option for having a small device to use while traveling and
so forth. I've used mine to send emails, shop on Amazon and read some of my
Kindle and Audible books. If you are a prime member, there are lots of free
movies and tv shows available via the video app which works really well.
Getting back to  the VoiceView screen reader, I'm still learning the
different commands which to me are not as easy as those in VoiceOver.
JMO, the Kindle Fire tablet is not a replacement for our I devices, but we
have another option for reading, shopping and web browsing.
By the way, I haven't spent much time using the Silk browser, so I'm not
sure how well it works in conjunction with VoiceView.
Best
Liz