[Electronics-Talk] Using Garage Band on the IPhone

Brett Boyer bboyer202 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 06:08:51 UTC 2017

Hey! Well I have a 6s and I don't know how different the versions are. I
doubt they would be different though.
For instruments, if you do a 3 finger swipe the pages will change and the
instruments should speak. I think there are 10 pages.
The sample and piano and keyboard, drums, audio input, plugged-in guitar,
strings, bass, guitar, world...
As far as the spreadsheet type thing for the loops I haven't figured that
out yet either. There doesn't seem to be a way to hear the column and row
without executing it at the same time. Plus there are switeches at the top
of the columns to sustain or cut-off.
I have a feeling that if I had a computer keyboard it might be easier to
maneuver around.
Because Garage Band on the mac is so accessible I'm sure there are keyboard
shortcuts that would help accomplish tasks instead of trying to use
gestures.
I also know that the play area and the controls area is hard for VoiceOver
to keep up with.
Again I have just been playing around and exploring too.
Maybe we can compare some notes.
I haven't seen a lot of podcasts or video demos of blind people using garage
band with the phone, plenty of them for the mac itself.
 Don't know how much help I am but it's a learning process I guess.
bb