[Electronics-Talk] smartphone for the blind

Arlene arlenes71154 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 24 07:51:58 UTC 2017

Ashley, I feel the same way you do, concerning talking with the voice
activated systems. Some of them are better than others. My bank use to have
an voice automated system, that is sensitive to backround sounds when you
call it. If you need to check on your balance while you're in a store or a
restaurant you would need to go in a corner where it's quieter. The new
automated system my bank has now, isn't sensitive to the backround noises so
that does make it easier. I know someone that has that same automated system
for their bank which is a different bank that I belong too. I really liked
that one automated system that my bank had that was sensitive ti the
backround noise, because the voice of the automated system is a very
pleasant voice. I just wish that system wasn't so sensitive to the backround
noise. I just want to clarify with these tank automated systems you could
just press the touch tones for the information you want, though I think one
could talk to it if they needed to do it that way.

Arlene