[Electronics-Talk] Rainbow color reader

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 27 03:09:45 UTC 2017

Hello:

I do hope the error rate is much lower than the Corino was.  I will be
ordering it some time this week and will definitely let all of you know what
I think about it.    I am particularly interested to see if it can really
tell me different shades of the same color.  I have lots of tops in many
different colors.  Even with Braille tags I often forget if it is the
lighter color or a different hue of a particular color.  Although I have
been totally blind since my teens I still remember color and how important
it is to match the color, shade, lightness or darkness to the pants or skirt
you choose to wear it with.  I hate getting dressed and not being completely
sure I have made the best choices possible.  Also these metal Braille ags
tend to come off in the wash and it would help to know what color things are
if two tags are found at the bottom of the washer and the two shirts just
happen to be the same style but in different colors.

If what they claim is true and it can identify LED lights and let me know
what is flashing on my modem and printer I will be thrilled.  Two weeks ago
I had problems wih my phone and internet service and found it very
frustrating when all the service techs at CenturyLink wanted to know which
lights were flashing and what color they were.  Finally after all that the
problem ended up being at one of their transmitters not anything inside my
home.  It would be great if the Rainbow Color Identifier could really
identify these lights.  I have forgotten, is this also a light probe too?

To the person who was lucky to get the Rainbow for Christmas, please keep us
up to date about its use and what you think about it.

Sandra
SLJohnson25 at comcast.net