[Electronics-Talk] Apps For Smart Phones

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 27 03:25:58 UTC 2017

Hello:

I have a question for all the android smart phone users out there.  What do
you think of the apps available from the Google Play store for android smart
phones?  I am especially interested in those apps designed for the blind for
color identification, bar code scanning for product identification and GPS
apps for travel assistance.  I already know about the very positive reviews
for the KNFB Reader which I intend to get if I do purchase a smart phone.

Yes, after all my unsuccessful searching for a phone with buttons that would
be completely accessible, and despite my hesitation I am seriously thinking
of taking the plunge.  If the rest of you can do it, then I will at least
give it my best try.  In addition to blindness I have multiple sclerosis
which makes my fingers not always do what I want them to do.  I also have
some cognitive issues, also a result of the MS,  which make it much harder
for me to learn and remember new technology.  However, Instead of me having
to buy several pieces of technology to do one task it might just be better
to get the phone that can do all of them.  Anyway, I would be happy to learn
as much as anyone is willing to tell me.  I do not want to clog up the list
so feel free to write me off list unless you think the information is worth
sharing with everyone.  I apologize if this is not the right list for this
question.  If there is a better list that I should join, then please let me
know what it is.

Thanks,
Sandra
SLJohnson25 at comcast.net