[Electronics-Talk] searching for Tivo unit

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Wed Dec 27 17:14:57 UTC 2017

In the spirit of other things to save your pennies for, an apple TV is another, though different, entertainment option.

Despite it's name, it is not a TV.  It is a set top box.  It is designed to play video from several different online sources such as iTunes, Netflix, Hulu, along with several network stream sites like CBS all access.

Unlike your TIVO, It is not a DVR.  It doesn't receive TV from your cable or satelite and record them.

Hope this helps,

Jim