[Electronics-Talk] All About Braille Displays

evelyn weckerly weckerly at i2k.com
Sun Feb 26 02:05:01 UTC 2017

Hi, Danielle,

The PK, MPower and Apex are not being manufactured any more.  The
MPower preceeded the Apex.  The MPower was discontinued in 2009,
and the Apex was discontinued last year.  If you're going to
consider a HumanWare product, you deed to go with the Braille
Note Touch, which is a Google certified Tablet.  I have owned
HumanWare products since 2003 and have liked them.  The company
also has strictly Braille displays, their Brilliant line.  I
would recommend that you physically examine and try out a number
of current units from various companies as much o you can.  Since
displays and Note Takers mean a sizable investment, avoid
spending your money on discontinued equipment because it may
rapidly decline in versatility.

Evelyn