[Electronics-Talk] nice ios innovation!

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Tue Jan 10 05:58:40 UTC 2017

I only discovered this one because I had occassion to block phone numbers.
My procedure for blocking phone numbers works well for me in that I get
the number that called and add it to my contacts and put the name
Advertiser in the company name field, then I move down to block number and
hit that to have that contact blocked.  Advertiser is lots easier to put
in as a name than anything the scammers on the other end can think up to
confuse matters.  What I wrote so far is just background.  In earlier
versions of ios, when a call like that came in the advertiser could leave
voicemail.  With the current ios running though, any call from a blocked
number that leaves voicemail now just gets put in the blocked voicemails
folder.  When you open the blocked voicemails folder you'll see a count of
blocked messages and now at the top right of the screen there is a delete
all blocked voicemail.  If you hit that button, those voicemails get put
into your deleted folder.  This next thing I'm going to guess on.  I think
deleted mail folder may now have a different behavior in that blocked
voicemail messages that get put into deleted folder may be automatically
cleared from deleted folder.  I'll find out when next I get a voicemail
message I listen and then delete.  If it's the only one in the deleted
folder my guess will have been correct otherwise it won't be that much
effort to just clear all deleted messages.