[Electronics-Talk] Sharp LC-43LB481USmart TV Accessibility

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sun Jan 22 05:29:10 UTC 2017

Good evening everyone,

                Due to living conditions in our current apartment we'll be
moving to another unit within our apartment complex. Practically all of our
belongings are being replaced including our TV. The in-laws ordered a Sharp
LC-43LB481U Smart HDTV for us. This thing is more than just a TV. In
addition to being an HDTV it's also Internet-ready and has Roku built in. We
also plan to install the Apple TV to further enhance our listening and
viewing experiences. Since Apple TV has Voiceover and Siri included that
will help make many of this unit's features accessible and usable by a blind
person.

                We felt it appropriate to put out feelers to see if any of
you have used Sharp TVs or other brands of smart TVS and want to know how
usable they were out-of-the-box or with the addition of an iPhone or other
smartphone app  or with Apple TV. Your feedback will be most welcome.

Peter Donahue