[Electronics-Talk] Help Android double-tap

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 02:58:37 UTC 2017

The various skins out their on Android don't affect how the double tap
works.

It is true that Talk Back on Android doesn't support a split tap, which
is an alternative on the iPhone to the double tap.

It's also true that for the best accessibility experience on Android,
you want a later version of Android, such as Android 5 or later.

The high end Samsung phones do come with Voice Assistant, Samsung's
screen reader, which is a fork of Google's Talk Back. Voice Assistant
has it's pros and cons when compared to Talk Back. If you prefer Talk
Back, you can always install it on a Samsung phone and use it instead of
Talk Back. You can set up the triple click of the home button to restart
Talk Back, Voice Assistant or let you choose between the two.

On 24/01/17 20:39, Santiago Velasquez via Electronics-Talk wrote:
> [...]
>
> I hope this message clears up some of the confusion, and I hope it does not confuse anybody any more.
> All the best
> Santi
>

>> On 25 Jan 2017, at 10:59 AM, Christopher Chaltain via Electronics-Talk <electronics-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> This is not true. Find the icon you want to activate either by exploring or swiping and then double tap anywhere you want to on the screen. You also don't have to do this right away. For example, I just picked up my s7, touched the Apps icon at the bottom of the screen, flicked away from it and flicked back to it, waited about 20 seconds and then did a double tap at the top of the screen. My App Drawer came up just fine.
>>
>> There is a slight difference from device to device, but in general, Android is not as sensitive as you all are making it out to be. During the day, I'm constantly going back and forth between my personal Android phone and my employer provided iPhone, and I don't find double tapping to be noticeably different between the two devices.
>>
>> On 24/01/17 11:15, Tina Sohl via Electronics-Talk wrote:
>>> It needs to be a rapid double tap find the icon you want then lift your
>>> fingers then double tAp just where ur finger just was
>>>
>>> sent from my android
>>>
>>> On Jan 24, 2017 7:52 AM, "Carol Feazell via Electronics-Talk" <
>>> electronics-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, there is a trick to this finding and tapping exactly what one intends
>>> to do. I did something really stupid and more than once so get ready to
>>> laugh, push the delete key or whatever is your pleasure. I was trying to
>>> read things on my  phone and could hear it making noise as though I had made
>>> connection with the speech portion but nothing was coming out in the way of
>>> any words. Something told me to check my blue tooth which I hadn't put on
>>> yes. You smart buys got it right. The blue tooth was on and so everything
>>> was coming out of that. Turned the off key and the phone spoke beautifully.

>>> 2) speech is now turned off,
>>> 3) device is in unknown state but needs a battery charge.
>>> More than that I'm clueless and probably less than that too.

>>> nfbnet.org/tinabir80%40gmail.com
>>>

>> --
>> Christopher (CJ)
>> chaltain at Gmail