[Electronics-Talk] An iPhone question:

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 01:52:12 UTC 2017

You do have bone conduction options, like the Aftershokz, that give you
bluetooth stereo without obstructing your hearing. The Apple Airpods do
go in your ears, but they don't have any passive noise cancellation.
I've only used the Aftershokz briefly when navigating, but I do use them
at the office when I'm in meetings, and I want to take notes or check on
somethings while still listening to the meeting going on around me.

On 05/06/17 09:41, Haro, Juan, CFB via Electronics-Talk wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> They have on the market Bluetooth headphones which provide audio through both ears. They do obstruct ambient sound so I would not recommend their use while walking about or obviously while crossing streets.
>
> Personally, I don't see a problem with taking my phone out in public to quickly retrieve information from it with VoiceOver speaking freely so long as the information spoken does not contain private or sensitive information. I keep my sound volume at a low volume that is appropriate for the setting.
>
> I carry and use my wired headphones for those situations where they are more appropriate.
>
> Juan F. Haro, M.A., NOMC, NCUEB, NCLB
> Technology Trainer
> New Mexico Commission for the Blind
> 400 N. Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 900