[Electronics-Talk] new TV

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Mon Jun 26 10:19:36 UTC 2017

Cable box accessibility is essentially a dead issue now that Ajit Pai has
firmly entrenched himself as the new pro-business, anti-consumer head of the
FCC.  He has made it quite clear that he has no intention of enforcing the
provisions of the Telecommunications Act of 2010 which would have required
cable companies and TV manufacturers to make their boxes and TV sets,
respectively, accessible to blind consumers.  Mr. Pai has demonstrated that
he is squarely on the side of the cable companies and TV manufacturers, who
have long complained that making their products more accessible would be too
expensive and technically challengeing.

Gerald