[Electronics-Talk] best currently-available flip phones

Arlene arlenes71154 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 23 19:53:19 UTC 2017

Roger, I could understand completely why you don't have the data on your
phones. I was just asking about that since I'm so curious when it comes to
these flip phones to know all they can do. I'm not swallowed up by these
phones though that I can't think of anything else, as in the case with some
individuals with smart phones. Whatever comes included in the phone, I like
to see if I could work some of the different items while other individuals
wouldn't care so much about that. Such as on the 4 lip model flip phones we
have, I can use the calculator. on a few of them I could use the calendar.
When it comes to some of these other items that are included,  some phones
are easier than others. I'm really satisfied with these phones, for me and
my boyfriend, these phones include just enough of what we want in a cell
phone, plus having the speech and being able to navigate through the menues
and options in the phones to either adjust a setting or send a text message
or write in a new text message. We don't do facebook or twitter, though we
use our computers for email and going on the internet. It would be neat to
have a notetaker though. In fact way back in 1996 my first experience with
going on the internet was with a braille and speak I had at the time. At the
time I didn't have a computer yet, it was a year later when I got the
computer. I'm not being critical to anyone that has a smart phone, but if I
ever get use to the android phone I have or if I ever get an i phone, I
wouldn't feel the need to do the many things on my phone, as others do,
using it for just about everything, like using it as a second computer. Such
things as listening to books on it, not even newsline since I could just
dial it from either my house phone or simple flip phone, having a music
service or a few types of music services. Possibly if I had some sort of
smart phone I might get some apps for scanning and color identifyer and
maybe a moneyidentifier app, besides the stand alone machines that I
wouldn't get rid of because I would have them all tthose kinds of items on
the phone. I guess if you have all that stuff on one's smart  phone it's
like putting all your eggs in one basket. If something goes wrong with the
phone, all of that will be gone until you get your phone fixed or replaced.
We're glad we have these stand alone machines, like the color identifier,
the gps, the money identifier, blood pressure machine, and even calculator.
I could understand and thank you, for pointing out why we see few flip
phones in the stores. I guess I just got lucky with the verizon store having
the kyocera back in the summer. I don't remember right now if they had any
others. They probably didn't because if they had we would have looked at any
others they had. I was just so excited, in july of 2014, after my friend
Donna and I both purchased the t-mobile samsung  t-199, which we didn't know
had speech in it when we purchased the phone. Anyway the next day, Donna
who's sighted was going through the menues of the phone and saw what was
called talkback, and she tried it to see if it talked and surenough it did.
I was out of the room for a little while, and when I came back in the room,
she was really excited and she was telling me she had something to show me.
I was so surprised too. Beginning that night we started exploring what I
could do with the phone. The first few things I did was to write in a few
contacts, and wrote a text message to one of our friends. I was so worried
along the line, like that kyocera I had back then that the speech would have
been somewhat halfbaked but it didn't disappoint me, everything talked. The
only exception in the contacts there a few fields you can't fill in, it just
doesn't talk on a few ffields, but adding and writing in a contact for most
of the fields is fine. I'll tell you, I'll never forget when she discovered
that phone talked and how we went through with me doing different things
with the phone, it was so wonderful, with this being 2014, it took me back
to 8 years before that in 2006 when I had the nokia 6600 with mobile speaks.
Now considering with the accessibility, the speech being included in the
phone it doesn't cost any extra than the price of the phone now. I'm going
to call my verizon store just to see if they have the phones you and your
wife have, if they don't I could send away to for them as you said to do. I
would really love to see them. I'm just going through my messages, so
hopefully you were able to give us an idea of what it sounds like.I wonder
if it has the same voice the other lg phones have. It's so wonderful that we
can share information about all this.

Arlene